The rules for obtaining a visa to study in the UK (a Tier 4 visa) can be quite complex and strictly applied.

It is therefore imperative that you seek professional advice if you have any doubt about your application.

Among the requirements are:

  • The need to obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a university approved by the Home Office
  • Evidence of funding to pay for both your university fees and your monthly living costs, which varies depending on where you will be living in the UK.

It is also possible to apply for a Tier 4 Child Student visa for your child to be educated at a fee paying school in the UK, the requirements of which vary from a general Tier 4 application.